Dale R. Christopher Presents
The Life and Times of Matt Christopher
The Person: Dale Christopher is the son of the prolific author Matt Christopher who has written well over 130 sports stories for kids. Dale is a New York State Certified Teacher and a member of the New York State Reading Association and the Children’s Literature Connection. He is a performer for the Arts in Education programs in New York State BOCES areas. He has performed in schools across the country. He was featured on National Public Radio’s show “All in the Game”, and ESPN Radio in St. Louis, MO, and was on ABC in Albany, NY and a visiting author at the I-READ Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana. Dale has been touring the country encouraging readers and nonreaders to read, through his Dad’s books. He is listed in the Little-Brown Children’s Book Publishing Company, Author’s and Illustrators catalogue. In October 2004, Dale’s first book Behind the Desk With… Matt Christopher, was published. (Little Brown). A biography of his Dad. For a classroom set of books for 50% off the price, CLICK HERE.
The Program: Dale’s stories include periods of his Dad’s life and how he started writing. He also talks about the process of writing and his own involvement working with his Dad. Dale talks emphasize his father’s life values and the many joys of reading. He brings precious mementos to share with his audience and wears a vintage 1938 New York Yankee uniform, depicting the era that his Dad played for a semiprofessional New York Yankees team.
Dale will talk to students from “K” through Middle School (his best audiences are 3rd grade and above) and has even talked to high school students and adult civic groups. His talks last approximately 60 minutes, which includes 10 to 15 minutes for questions and answers.
Equipment: Dale’s needs are simple: a microphone, a table large enough to hold a typewriter, books and other mementos and an area to hang two banners.
Book Sales and Autographing: Discounts on books can be made available with substantial notice. There is no charge for autographing sessions.
Past and Upcoming Events:
- Romulus Central School, Romulus, NY (Feb. 22)
- Memorial Elementary School, East Brunswick, NJ (Mar. 4)
- North Elementary School, Des Plaines, IL (Skype, Oct.)
- North Elementary School, Des Plaines, IL (Skype, Dec. 5)
- Cambridge Public Library, Cambridge, NY (October 21)
- Woodfill Elementary, 3rd Grade, Fort Thomas, KY (Skype, May 18)
- KME Extravaganza, Kings Mills Elementary, Kings Mills, Ohio (March 11)
- Oneonta Elementary Schools, Oneonta, NY (April)
- Glendaal Elementary School, Scotia, NY (May)
- Delhi Library, Delhi, NY (July)
- St. Francis of Assisi School, Yorba Linda, CA [SKYPE], (Oct. 11)
- Northshire Bookstore, Saratoga Springs, NY (Dec. 1)
- Violet Avenue School, Poughkeepsie, NY (Dec. 15)
- Guilderland Public Library, Guilderland, New York (Oct. 5)
- Pashley Elementary School, Burnt Hill-Ballston Lake CSD, New York (June)
- Celebrate Writing Event, Crestline Elementary School, Mountain Brook, Alabama (February)
Some great work by the students at Crestline.
• Otsego Elementary School; Dix Hills, NY (March)
• Iroquois Reading Council, Author Fair; Queensbury, NY (November)
• Frost Elementary School; East Brunswick, NJ (April)
• Young Author’s Conference Wichita Collegiate School; Wichita, Kansas (March)
• Pulaski Road Elementary School; East Northport (LI), NY (January)
• Elizabeth Cady Stanton School; Seneca Falls, NY (February)
• Hartford Central School; Hartford, NY (March)
• The Children’s Book FestivalThe Albany Academies; Albany, NY (April)
• Schuylerville Elementary School; Schuylerville, NY (February)
• Covert Elementary School; South Hemstead, NY (February)
• Albany Avenue Elementary School; North Massapequa, NY (March)
• Holbrook Road Elementary School; Centereach, NY (April)
• 18th Annual Young Author’s Conference Mt. View Elementary School; Etowah, Tennessee (May)
• The Children’s Book Festival-The Albany Academies; Albany, NY (May)
• Cedar Grove Elementary School; Cedar Grove, NJ (June)
• LaFayette Intermediate School; Waterloo, NY (June)
• Three Bridges Elementary School; Readington Township, NJ (November)
• Children’s Book Festival The Albany Academies; Albany, New York
• Johnsburg Central School; North Creek, NY
• Brookside Elementary School; Allendale, NJ
• Scales Elementary School; Brentwood, Tennessee
• Sidney Central School; Sidney, NY
• Otsego Elementary School Otsego Library Festival; Dix Hills, NY
• Broadalbin-Perth Intermediate School; Broadalbin, NY
• Boardman Elementary School; Oceanside, New York
• Jefferson Elementary School; Succasunna, NJ
• Elsmere Elementary School; Delmar, NY
• Wheeler Elementary School; Spring Valley, New York
• Yulee Elementary School; Yulee, Florida (September)
• Barstow Memorial School; Chittenden, Vermont (October)
• Whiting Elementary School; Whiting, New Jersey (October)
• Manchester Township Elementary School; Manchester, New Jersey (October)
• Ridgeway Elementary School; Manchester, New Jersey (October)
• Crestline Elementary Schoo; Birmingham, AL
• Elm Hill School; Springfield, VT
• Community Learning Center; Manlius, New York
• North Miami Public Library; North Miami, FL
• Saratoga Springs Public Lib; Saratoga Springs, NY
• Clough Pike Elementary School; Cincinnati, OH
• Fort Plain Elementary School; Fort Plain, NY
• Thomas D. Greg School; Indianapolis, IN
• Broadalbin Middle School; Broadalbin, NY
• Whitehall Elementary School; Whitehall, NY
Click below to view a video from the program [Video-Get from Duane/Dale and add to YouTube]
Email us for more information about speaking engagements.
Click Here if you would like a classroom set of Behind the Desk with…Matt Christopher, by Dale Christopher (you will be contacting Dale directly for this order through our contact form) and a 50% discount on all orders of 20 or more books.
Click here to read testimonials by parents and teachers of Matt Christopher fans.